What are the skin benefits of Shea butter?
Shea butter is a natural fat extracted from the nuts of the African shea tree. It has been used for centuries as a cosmetic ingredient due to its numerous skin benefits. Here are some of the ways in which shea butter can benefit your skin:
1. Moisturizing: Shea butter is an excellent moisturizer that helps to nourish and hydrate dry and damaged skin. It contains fatty acids that are easily absorbed by the skin, and it creates a protective barrier that helps to lock in moisture.
2. Anti-aging: Shea butter is rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin A and vitamin E, which help to prevent oxidative stress and reduce the signs of aging. It also contains cinnamic acid, which provides some protection against the harmful effects of UV radiation.
3. Anti-inflammatory: Shea butter has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce skin irritation and inflammation. This makes it a useful ingredient for people with sensitive or easily irritated skin.
4. Improves skin elasticity: Shea butter is high in oleic, stearic, and linoleic acids, which help to improve skin elasticity and firmness. It can also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Promotes wound healing: Shea butter contains lupeol cinnamate, which has been found to have anti-tumor and anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it useful for promoting wound healing and reducing scarring.
Overall, shea butter can be a beneficial ingredient for many different skin types, particularly those with dry or sensitive skin, as it can provide deep moisturization and soothing effects. Check out our online shop for products containing shea butter. We only use unrefined, raw shea butter which retains its original skin and hair benefits.